Business Resources« Back to Search Results
May 13, 2019
Category: Kerkhoven, Business Incentives, Starting a Business, Economic Development, Contest
Jump-Start Kerkhoven is a business plan competition for people 18 years of age or older who are interested in starting a business in Kerkhoven
by January 20th, 2020. Any type of business is eligible, from hi-tech office services to gift shops, provided that it
fits within existing Kerkhoven zoning requirements. Businesses entered cannot be already located in Kerkhoven at the time of entry into the
- $10,000 in start-up building renovation capital
- Building to locate in, subject to purchase agreement, (estimate $80,000 value)
- Free business assistance from the Southwest Initiative Foundation.
- Business plan development
- Technical assistance & business training
- Pre-approved financing, subject to credit history and collateral coverage.
- Free business coaching from the Small Business Development Center
- Marketing consultation, free checking and more.
- Total prizes valued at more than $12,500!
The Jump-Start Kerkhoven business plan contest will be
comprised of three rounds:
Round 1 – Idea Submittal (Due by 4:00 PM, June 3rd, 2019)
Applicants must submit the following:
1. A single 8 ½” x 11” page containing
a. Name and contact (address, phone, email) of applicant.
b. Name of proposed business
c. 1-2 sentence description of the proposed business
d. 1-2 paragraph summary explaining the perceived market opportunity,
how the business will take advantage of that opportunity, and how the
business would fit into the existing mix of Kerkhoven businesses. (i.e.
would it compliment or compete with existing businesses)
The contest judges will select the best ideas submitted to go on to Round 2 and
notify them on the evening of June 3rd.